Wednesday, November 19, 2008

NCIS Fan Fiction Part 5- How to Save a Life

Okay, here's part five and just to be warned it's going to be a little strange. It's just how I like to jazz things up and I am basically incapable of writing more than a one shot without adding some sort of fantasy/ Sci- Fi like thing in it, but you know that.


JENNY SHEPARD~ A little bit of info on the magic

Yes magic, but not magic in a certain sense. Magic like Elves(which are the only creatures that can actually do humans expectations of magic) Vampires and Werewolves (They've always existed, they'll just get stronger now) and Necromancers who can raise the dead, usually meant for bad. It was all returning. I could feel it in my blood. I knew the purpose of the bomb now and was surprised that they didn't bomb other cities. Not that I'm disappointed. I'm just surprised. Surprised because there is an invisible barrier keeping all the magic down. There has been for thousands of years. The anchors for it are at all major cities- DC included. The only way to break the barrier is to break the anchors, which you do by emitting a large amount of energy( bombs usually work best). When they placed that bomb in the Navy Yard it destroyed the anchor in place there, so now there's a gaping hole in the barrier, so the magic has grown stronger (at least over DC) and I have a feeling that more attacks will come in the next few days unless we can find out who is responsible and stop them else the end of life and humanity as we know it.

I was creeping into Tony's hospital room. It was 2 o'clock in the morning. I decided to do this late at night, because there will be less witnesses. The last thing I need at the moment is awkward questions. I walked up to his bed and put my hand on his. Then I reached down inside myself and tried to reach the magic. It was more difficult then I remembered, even though I'd only done it one other time. At least it was slightly easier with the anchor broken, ah at last I reached it. I then muttered the strongest healing spell I knew. Actually, it was a combo of many healing spells. Most of my kind wouldn't even attempt it, but I was one of the strongest of all of them. Yes my kind, for I am an elf. I looked at Tony he seemed better already. I put a slow healing on him, so it wouldn't seem so suspicious. Not that this is totally inconspicuous, he had less than a 20% chance of survival- until I worked my magic. Now he was going to make a full recovery. Why did I do this? Why did I use magic for only the second time in my life? I did it because I couldn't let Tony die, because if he died Gibbs' whole team fell apart. I couldn't let that happen. Now that my work here was done I thought I should leave Ziva a note, just ah um hinting that Tony might get better.

I slipped the note under Ziva's door then knocked. I infused it with a little magic to make the knock a perfect volume. Then I left. I didn't need any awkward questions, not just yet anyways.


ZIVA DAVID


I woke abruptly. There had been a knock on my door. I got up and went to investigate. I didn't even have to open up the door because right in front of it lay an envelope. I was puzzled. I picked it up and opened it. Inside wasn't much , just some printed out song lyrics. I wondered if this was some kind of cruel joke, but then I read it.


Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you
And pray to God he hears you
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life
How to save a life
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life


I thought that was all, but then I saw there was a hand written note. It said.

Ziva,
Don't worry. Tony WILL get better. I made sure of it. Don't ask how. I will tell you in due time. On a need to know basis.
J.S.

That's odd no name- just initials J.S. The only person I could think of at the moment with those initials was Jenny Shepard and it seemed really unlikely that she would send me that note in such a strange way. Anyways I was in no mood to think about it now. As for Tony getting better, well the hospital hadn't called me with any updates yet so I assumed there were none. All that sounded nice now was going back to bed.

JENNY SHEPARD

As I walked through the door of Gibbs' house I expected everyone to be in bed. What I didn't expect was a voice to say
"So what are you? Really."
I spun around a little off balance "Casey" I croaked out for it was Gibbs' golden- haired niece
"Listen, I think I know so it's okay if you tell me." she said
"What are your theories?" I asked
"Well Vampire was the most obvious one, but you shot that one down, and I didn't really believe that one anyways. For me it is obvious, not that I'm degrading the others saying that they are too stupid to get it. They just haven't got the experience with magical creatures that I have to guess. To me it is obvious you are an elf, and you went to work a healing magic on Tony because we all know that he was going to die without it. His condition was too bad, but you couldn't let that happen. Then of course the barrier should have prevented you from using the magic so close to an anchor, but if the anchor was at the Navy Yard, or to be more exact the NCIS building. So when the terrorists bombed it they were trying to break the anchor and since they were intent on breaking that one, there will probably be others. Hell, I'm surprised that there haven't been any yet."
"Wow that was a really pretty speech and you're right- partially. You're right about the anchors, Tony, and the fact that I'm an elf, but you left out a very important part of it. You left out that I am the Elf Queen."
"NO WAY!!!!" she practically screamed
"You want to know how I was saved after I got shot?"
she nodded
"Well somehow the other elves that were in close proximity to me somehow knew their queen was hurt and dying, so they came and got me and took me to the most desolate place they could find and worked their magic on me and thankfully it worked"
"Well I thought elf was unlikely because I thought they were all dead. I thought they died with the making of the barrier." Casey said
"No they didn't. That's just a myth. The elves continued their lives as normal humans. Even their appearances became human after a while and if the magic returns then all the elves will turn well elvish looking again."
"Did you lose your immortality when the barrier was made? I just want to know." Casey asked
"Yes we did, but if the magic returns then we will get it back. Now can I ask you something? "How did you know about all this magical stuff?" I thought it was my turn to ask a question.
"Oh that well I'm a werewolf. Well not like full, but more like half or well fourth might be more accurate. I've never transformed, but my friend is also a werewolf and he's transformed before. Also we found a set of bells in his attic."
"Bells?!"
"Yes you know like a necromancers bells"
"I know what they are. I just didn't think that there were any still around, but I suppose it's possible."
"Hey, Jenny do you ever plan to tell anyone else this? because they have a right to know too" Casey asked. She sounded really serious.
"Only if I think they need to know, which I think may be soon. Like after Tony wakes up and is out of the hospital."
"You're sure the healing is going to work?"
"Yes, I know I've only used magic one other time, but I'm sure. He will be fine."
He better or I'm not sure if Ziva can survive.
THE END

0 comments: