Saturday, November 8, 2008

NCIS Fan Fiction part 3~ somethings don't change(at least for Leroy Jethro Gibbs)

Okay here's part 3. It is still mainly Tiva, but Gibbs also has a large part in this especially at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ZIVA DAVID
I really wasn't sure why I was so mean to Gibbs' niece when all she was trying to do was help, but you had to admit that she was right- music does help. There was one song in particular that stuck out to me- Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt. I got out of my chair and started to sing.

"Did I disappoint you or let you down? Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?'
Cause I saw the end before we'd begun, Yes I saw you were blind and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right. Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there, I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul. You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when, My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head. Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell. I've been addicted to you.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me
I am a dreamer and when I wake, You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me, Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile. I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the mother of your child. I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine. We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true. I cannot live without you.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.
And I still hold your hand in mine. In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time, When I'm kneeling at your feet.
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow. I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow."

"That was very touching " Gibbs said from the doorway
"Oh well Tony deserved it." I said
"He's not going to die, Ziva"
"Do you really mean that or are you just saying that to make me feel better?"
"I really mean it. I have a gut feeling. He loves you Ziva, I think if anything he will hold on for
you."
"I hope so"
"Now Ziva will you do me one thing- go home and get some rest. I'll call you if there is any change in his condition."
"Okay I will" for I just had realized how tired I was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I walked through the door of my apartment I couldn't help being reminded of that night two weeks ago when Tony and I had arrived at my apartment and I had found that note. The note that I thought would change us forever- and had, but in a more wonderful way than I thought possible. When I went to sleep I dreamed of that night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TWO WEEKS AGO
Tony and I had just gotten off work and were walking into my apartment, when I noticed there was something on my door. It was obviously put there so it would blend in. I grabbed it off the door and walked inside.
"What's that?" Tony asked
"I don't know. A note of some sort. It was taped to the door."
I opened it up and read it. When I saw what was inside my face went pale.
"Ziva, Ziva what's the matter?" Tony asked seeing my response.
"He knows, he knows about us." I said sounding very shocked
"Who's he?" Tony asked
"My father and he wants to see me, tomorrow, he's flying to the US"
"We can take your father.""No I can take my father. You are going to have nothing to do with this. Go home now Tony, go. I fear that if you stay you might be killed. Go Tony Go."
"Ziva surely I could stay"
"NO Tony go, my father could have you killed if you stay here so easily. Just listen to me."
"Okay" he said and got up and left.
Once I was sure he was gone. I went and got my car and drove to Gibbs' house, because Gibbs always knows what to do in situations like these. I didn't even bother to knock because Gibbs never locks his door- I just opened it and walked right in. Gibbs wasn't around so I figured that he was in his basement working on one of his boats. I found the way to the basement and walked down there.
"Gibbs" I said "I need help"
"Ziva, this is a surprise" he looked up at me.
"Like I said before I need help"
"With what?"
"Look" I handed the note to him.
"You found this on your door?"
I nodded.
"Ziva" he said and reached out and put his hand on my cheek. "Don't worry I'll go with you, I won't let you get sent back to Israel."
"I'm just afraid of losing Tony. He seems to be the only good thing in my life at the moment. Ever" I was sobbing into Gibbs' shoulder. He was patting the back of my head in a comforting sort of way saying
"Everything will be fine Ziva"
And guess what I believed him, because I loved Gibbs too. Just not in the same way I loved Tony. I loved Gibbs in an older mentor type way.
"I'll just be on my way now" I said then added "Thanks"
"See you tomorrow" Gibbs said "I'll be there" he finished and I believed him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE NEXT DAY
Gibbs and I were walking up the steps of the hotel where my father had told me to meet him. We found the hotel room and knocked on the door. My father answered it.
"Ah Ziva so you did show up and brought Gibbs with you, but yet no DiNozzo?" he said
"Yeah Tony wanted to come, but I wouldn't allow it." I replied
"You always were a smart one." he said
"If I'm so smart then why are you here questioning my taste in guys?"
"Well you see when you were in Israel I made it perfectly clear that you are not to date guys that aren't Jewish."
"I love Tony" I said trying to keep my cool.
"Yes that is the problem you see. I'm giving you one last chance to dump this guy and-----"
He didn't get to finish because just then there was a knock on the door. He went to answer it.
"Speak of the devil" he muttered because standing there in the doorway was the very last person I wanted to see there. Tony stormed right in and stopped in front of me, got on one knee, pulled out a small box and said
"Ziva David- I love you and will always love you- will you marry me?" I was so shocked I wasn't sure what to say so I just stammered

"I don't know. I have to think." Then ran out the door. I kept running. I really wasn't sure where I was going, I was just running. Some how I ended up at the reflection pool, I stopped there and sat down and began to cry. I really wasn't sure what to do when he asked me that right then and there asked.... asked me to marry him. If I said yes which I desperately wanted to, what would stop my father from shooting him there? If I said no I would probably hurt Tony and would lose him that way. I just realized that it was dark out, I had been sitting there most of the day. I got up and started walking towards my apartment. I guess I could have called a cab, but walking seemed nicer- more peaceful. Just me with the darkness wrapping around me.

I arrived at my apartment a little after 10:30 and when I opened my door- surprise!! Tony was there.
"Ziva oh my god where were you? I was soooo worried" he said
"Thinking- I was sitting and thinking" was all I said "What about my father?" I added
"He's gone. After you left he got up and said he was going back to Israel"
"Listen, Tony, I'm sorry I didn't have any choice"
"I know. I understand. I'm starting to think I'm an idiot for asking you when and where I did. Now Ziva will you forgive me? Forgive me for my stupidness?"
"Of course Tony how could I now when the stupid one is the one I love"
"Well that's good because I wasn't leaving"
Then we were on each other kissing. This kiss had more passion than the others. It was the perfect ending to the horrible day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE PRESENT
When I awoke a few lone tears fell down my face because I realized that he may never kiss me like that again. I glanced at the clock 9 am. I had slept longer than I thought. Then all of the sudden a brilliant thought popped into my head. The music did make me feel a little bit better and I do need something to do. Why don't I learn how to play the guitar? I walked over to my phone and called Gibbs' house.
"Hello" it was a feminine voice.
"Hi, it's Ziva" I said
"Oh Ziva do you want to talk to my uncle?"
"No actually I wanted to talk to you, but by the way where is Gibbs?"
"Oh he's in the basement working on a boat." at least some things never change.
"Well I wanted to ask you if I wanted to learn how to play the guitar would you help me pick one out and teach me how to play it?" I was kind of nervous asking her for help.
"Sure I'd be more than glad to" she sounded really excited.
"So I'll come over and get you then we can go to a music store?"
"Sounds good. I'll see you in a few minutes then?"
"Yes"
"Bye Ziva"
"Bye Casey"
I put the phone down. Got dressed hopped in my car and drove over there to get her.
In the car on the way over we were both mostly silent. Then we got to one of the music stores in town.
"Okay Ziva" she said "I guess it's time to start your career in guitar playing."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LEROY JETHRO GIBBS

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
Oh lets go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a silence apart

I was in my basement working on a boat when a voice called out
"Jethro- I'm so sorry" I spun around for I had not heard that voice for a little less than a year and I thought I would never hear it again.
"Jenny" I gasped

Nobody said it was easy
Oh its such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said that it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

"What happened I thought you were dead." Okay I know that sounded a little blunt at the moment.
"I never died Jethro, I was in witness protection, but I raced here as soon as I heard and could get out of witness protection. By the way who died?"
"Vance" I replied
"Ah Vance how fitting"
"you sound happy"
"Well naturally I am. I can be your Director again."
"You mean to come out of witness protection?"
"I already have and the US Marshall is pretty mad at my right about now."

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

"Ah Jenny" was all I got out because then we were on each other. Her lips touching mine, mine touching hers. It was the way things were always suppose to be.

Nobody said it was easy
Oh its such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start

"I love you Jethro" she whispered to me
"I love you too Jenny and I always have even if it took your death to make me realize that."
Many people like change, but for me, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, I prefer it when things stay the same.

0 comments: