Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting to Know the Truth Part 2~ Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Thanks everyone for all the feedback I have gotten on the first part, please continue leaving all the wonderful comments.

Yes, exactly where to start. It was in the Star of David I wore around my neck- well sort of. The necklace was my mother's. I had got it on my 6th birthday. It had came with a letter, a letter that I still had in the top drawer of my desk, a letter signed with the name Leroy Jethro Gibbs. So that is where I would start my search, I would talk to this Leroy Jethro Gibbs, for I was pretty sure he knew my mother- and well too. I stopped walking abruptly, for I had finally reached my grandfather's house, where I had lived all my life. Oh, frick!!! I thought my he'll be sooo mad if he hears about this out burst! I was hoping he would find out, but fat chance at that given that he is the director of Mossad. I marched up to my room, tears stinging at my face all the way, wondering what my grandfather would think if he knew I was crying now. I got to my desk, opened the drawer and pulled out the two letters I had received. The first one, the oldest one, the one that came with the necklace said



Tali,
I'm sure you're wondering who I am, for now let's just say I was a friend of your parents. Your mother would never forgive me if I didn't tell you that you were named after her younger sister, who died when she was only sixteen. With this I sent your mother's necklace, she would have wanted you to have it. Happy Birthday!
Leroy Jethro Gibbs


I don't know why I even bothered to read it, I've read it so many times in the last nine years that I had it memorized. I pulled out the other one. This one came on my 10th birthday. It said.


Tali,
Hello! Do you remember me? I sent you the necklace 4 years ago. I just wanted you to know that if you ever need, or want, answers come to me, I can explain everything. With this I am also giving you a knife that once belonged to your mother, but since I can't send it through the mail, I came here, I talked to your grandfather and explained somethings to him. He wanted to know why I didn't just tell you now, but I told him you weren't ready yet and you would know when you are ready. You will just know, and I want you to come to me. Happy Birthday!
Leroy Jethro Gibbs


Now was the time to know the truth, I could feel it. Just as this Gibbs guy suggested, I would go to him, but I needed to plan first. Only I couldn't think. I walked down stairs wondering what I should do since I couldn't seem to think about my parents or Gibbs at all and well didn't know where to begin planing this trip. The I stopped. I had just walked past the piano. I might as well play something on it. You might think that it is a bad idea, to sit around playing the piano when I needed to be planning a trip to DC, but for me it actually was a very good idea. Playing the piano always seemed to calm me down and I needed calming down now, if I ever did. I sat down the whispered softly "This is for you Mom, Dad, grandfather" the latter I added very reluctantly. "and Leroy Jethro Gibbs" I finished and began to play through the tears that had started to fall from my face stinging the keys as my fingers danced across them.

0 comments: